Well happy freaking New Year!
Near the end of December I watched a video in IGTV about all of the major events that happened in 2020 and holy cow there were a lot of them! A lot of them weren’t exactly good and I had even forgotten that half of them happened in 2020. What a fucking year!!
So hopefully we’re done with all of that craziness! I suspect we’ll still be dealing with COVID-19 for a while but with the vaccine coming out hopefully we’ll be able to go back to some kind of semblance of normal. Although I do thing a lot of thing will have changed permanently. Maybe for the better and maybe for the worse. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.
Anyway! Is anyone else kind of reluctant to write out goals for this year? I don’t exactly do New Year’s resolutions but near the end of every year I like to start thinking about what I want to accomplish in the new year and then write down some goals to get me there. But I literally didn’t accomplish anything that I had written down for 2020. Because I mean, we ALL know what happened. 🙃🤣😭
So this year I’ve found it kinda hard to sit down an write out any kind of goals or plans for the year. Because who the heck knows what’s in store for 2021! Plus I can only assume that we’ll still be dealing with some stuff from 2020. Oh and I’m also pregnant and that changes a lot of things.😂😂
So while trying to remain flexible and realistic, some of my goals are super vague, some of them are small, but when I think about the year ahead this is kinda the general idea of what I’d like to get done!
My Goals For 2021:
- Keep running for as long as I can but if I have to stop, remain as active as possible during pregnancy
- Clean out our extra bedroom and make into a nursery/office for Luke (yikes! That’s going to be a big project! 😱)
- Prep for baby in general!
- Attempt to prep my body/mind for labor
- IF POSSIBLE have delivery with no/as little medical intervention as possible. That’s the plan/hope anyway but if I have to I’m willing to deviate from that.
- Adjust to our new life with a new baby!
- Recover! Physically, emotionally, mentally.
- Road trip! If we can we plan on taking baby RJ to Illinois to meet his grandparents, great grandparents, and his great GREAT grandparents ASAP.
- Assuming everything goes well and I’m feeling up to it, once I’m medically cleared I want to start exercising again. And maybe that won’t be running right away. But exercise has been a big part of my life for a long time and I want to be able to get back to it as soon as possible. Mostly for my own mental health!
- Drink a beer. And a glass of wine. Ok I know this is kinda stupid because I’m not a big drinker anyway, but I miss being able to do it. 😂
- If it’s safe, run an IRL race! Probably in the fall. I don’t care the distance! I miss REAL racing and I desperately want to participate in one! Even if I can only do one local 5k.
- Roll with the changes. There are going to be a lot of them and I know it won’t be easy, but despite the lack of sleep, and adjustments we are going to experience, I think we’re in for a lot of fun and special moments in 2021!
Happy New Year, everyone! We can only go up from here, right?